The "Government" section includes articles that hightlight broadband innovation increasing online services and communication between local and federal governement for public agencies and citizens.
- Governor Quinn Issues Executive Order to Further Increase Government Transparency
- Press Release, Sep 18, 2012
- New Executive Order Increases Government Data Available to the Public
- Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon seeks input on rural issues
- Doug Wilson, Herald-Whig Senior Writer, May 22, 2012
- Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon has seen common themes and subtile differences in how rural Illinois communities list their priorities.
As she prepared for a listening post in Quincy on Thursday, Simon said…
- CTA Discover, the Chicago Transit Authority's new app, tracks riders, not busses or trains
- Dec 13, 2011
- CHICAGO | In the past, if you wanted to use the CTA app, you had to know what line you needed and where the closest stop was located. Now, you don't even have to know where you are.
By opening CTA…
- Study indicates broadband does not lower tax collections
- Oct 31, 2011
- Increased broadband does not lead to lower tax collections, indicates a study in Oklahoma about the relationship between broadband adoption and local retail sales tax collections.
- Bringing Broadband to All Americans
- Benton Foundation, Oct 18, 2011
- Although new devices/phones, the economy, and jobs seem to dominate the headlines, the Federal Communications Commission remains focused on a key priority of the Obama Administration: making sure…
- Avoiding Costs, Building Assets: “One Trench” and “One Tower” Investments Improve Government Performance
- Layton Olson, Sep 29, 2011
- Improving government performance is the FCC National Broadband Plan, National Need #5. It is closely linked with National Need #7, Public Safety (topic of the August 22 blog), and Increasing Civic…
- FCC Announces Public Testing of First Television White Spaces Database
- Sep 14, 2011
- Freeing valuable spectrum will open the doors for new industries to develop, create American jobs, and lead to new technologies and services.
- Does USF Reform Put RUS Loans at Risk of Default?
- Aug 8, 2011
- Loans recently made to small telcos by the Rural Utilities Service would no longer be “financially feasible” if the FCC caps the Universal Service fund, according to data filed by the…