Frontier Announces Higher Broadband Speed Availability in Illinois
Frontier Communications Turns up faster broadband speeds Across Illinois
Residential and Small Business customers in more than 170 communities now benefit from increased broadband speeds
BLOOMINGTON, Illinois – Sept. 13, 2012 – Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) has deployed advanced broadband technology to provide even faster Internet speeds for portions of 170 communities across Illinois. Using the latest ADSL 2+ Bonding technology, the company now provides customers with speeds nearly double what was previously available. Frontier’s new technology enables speeds of up to 12 Mbps download/2 Mbps upload for residential customers and 15 Mbps download/2 Mbps upload for small business customers.
“With Frontier’s recent deployment of the latest broadband technology, residential customers can get the speeds they need to stream high-definition videos, run multiple devices, win at on-line gaming, and surf the net with tremendous speed and agility,” said Mike Flynn, Senior Vice President and General Manager for Frontier’s Illinois operations. “The ADSL 2+ Bonding technology also allows us to offer business customers speeds that are 10 times faster than our first-generation High-Speed Internet -- perfect for all your customer and business-to-business needs, as well as for large file transfers and HD videoconferencing.”
The communities where Frontier recently deployed technology for increased broadband speeds in Illinois include:
- Northwest Illinois – Bureau, Dover, Putnam, East Dubuque, Hampton, Orion North
- Southeastern Illinois – Broadlands, Bethany, Casey, Calhoun, Dundas, Dalton City, Elwin, Greenup, Homer, Kansas, Macon, Mount Zion, Neoga, Newman, Donnellson, Panama, Parkersburg, Redmon, Sidell, Shumway, Sullivan, Sailor Springs, Toledo, Vermilion, Wendelin, Westfield, West Union, Pittsburg
- Central Illinois – Bushnell, Macomb, Prairie City, Orion, Abingdon, Aledo, Biggsville, Dallas City, Hamilton, Joy, Keithsburg, Matherville, New Boston, Niota, Oquawka, Preemption, Roseville, Sherrard, Stronghurst, Warsaw
- Mid-Central Illinois – Argenta, Armstrong, Buckley, Bondville, Beason, Congerville, Cisco, Collison, Cerro Gordo, Cropsey, Cissna Park, Deer Creek, De Land, East Lynn, Flatville, Foosland, Goodfield, Gifford, Hammond, Hartsburg, Henning, Kenney, La Place, Ludlow, Loda, Maroa, Milford, Mansfield, Ogden, Oreana, Philo, Penfield, Pesotum, Roberts, Rankin, Rossville, Royal, Sadorus, Secor, Sherman, Seymour, Thomasboro, Thawville, Wellington, Weldon, Williamsville, Waynesville, Chestnut, Latham
- Northern Illinois – Compton, Earlville, Garden Prairie, La Moille, Leland, Paw Paw, Rockton, Sheridan, Somonauk, Sandwich
- Southern Illinois – Albers, Dongola, Elkville, Ellis Grove, Ewing, Fayetteville, Golconda, Carbondale, Grand Tower, Hecker, Highland, Joppa, Karnak, Marion, Millstadt, Mascoutah, New Baden, Okawville, Omaha, Ridgway, Summerfield, Thomsonville, Ullin, Villa Ridge, Zeigler
- West Central Illinois – Auburn, Astoria, Bluffs, Carlinville, Chapin, Chatham, Divernon, Franklin, Girard, Jacksonville, Jerseyville, Loami, New Berlin, Pawnee, Pleasant Plains, Virden, Vermont, Waverly, Batchtown, Benld, Brussels, Bunker Hill, Chesterfield, Dow, Fieldon, Gillespie, Hamburg, Hettick, Kampsville, Medora, Shipman, Woodburn
“Frontier is providing customers with more communications choices, with our leading-edge services creating growth opportunities for businesses and communities,” added Flynn. “We’re excited to offer communications services that will improve the quality of life and foster economic development throughout many small towns and rural areas in Illinois.”
Frontier offers dedicated broadband service, digital voice, satellite video, customer premise equipment and service (telephone systems and support for commercial and e911 applications) and web security/data back-up/identity protection through the Frontier SecureSM suite of Internet/computer services—all backed by local, highly responsive customer service and 24/7, 100% U.S.-based customer support. In Illinois, Frontier has more than 600 employees, operates in 552 towns and serves nearly 500,000 customers.
For more information on Frontier broadband services, call 1-800-921-8101 (residential), 1-800- 921-8102 (business), or visit http://www.frontier.com
to check eligibility and place orders.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR), is an S&P 500 company and is included in the FORTUNE 500 list of America’s largest corporations. Frontier offers broadband, voice, satellite video, wireless Internet data access, entertainment services like TumTiki.com, data security solutions, bundled offerings and specialized bundles for residential customers, small businesses and home offices and advanced business communications for medium and large businesses in 27 states. Frontier’s approximately 15,300 employees are based entirely in the United States. More information is available at www.frontier.com