1–25 of 575 items | Next »
- PCI Receives Planning Grant for School Based Tele-Behavioral Health
- Feb 1, 2017
PCI Receives Grant from The Sprague Institute to Plan School-Based Tele-Behavioral Health for the Chicago Public Schools
- Platinum Telehealth Initiative Sponsor McDermott Will and Emery LLP Chosen as Lawfirm of the Year
- PCI, Nov 15, 2016
- Law Firm wins prestigious award from U.S. News
- September 13th Event Concludes Three-Part Illinois Telehealth Law Forum Series
- Sep 14, 2016
The Partnership for a Connected Illinois has wrapped up the second in a three-part series of Telehealth Law Forums. The forum was simultaneously held in Chicago, Carbondale, Naperville, and Springfield, IL and was also available via Live Stream.
- Digital Health: An Improving Environment for Investors
- McDermott Will & Emery - Lisa Schmitz Mazur and Dale C. Van Demark, Jul 12, 2016
- The integration of technology into health care delivery is exploding throughout the health industry landscape. Commentators speculating on the implications of the information revolution’s penetration of the health care industry envision delivery models rivaling those imagined by celebrated science fiction authors, and claim that the integration of information technology into even the most basic health care delivery functions can reduce cost, increase access, improve quality and, in some instances, fundamentally change the way health care is delivered.
- Telehealth offers convenient service for patients
- Deborah Gertz Husar (Herald-Whig), Jul 10, 2016
- Dr. Stepnen Stone, Doctor of Dermatology at SIU School of Medicine in Springfield video conferencing Tuesday with Kara Williams of Pittsfield during an appointment in Illini Community Hospital in Pittsfield. Southern Illinois University School of Medicine has expanded its telehealth program at sites including Pittsfield, Carthage and Quincy.
- Telemedicine shows promise in Parkinson’s disease care
- www.news-medical.net, Jun 29, 2016
- Like countless other patients, Ann Johnson, a retired veterinarian, has been willing to travel long distances and devote an entire day to be treated by a specialist at Rush University Medical Center. But a recent appointment lasted less than 30 minutes, and the only travel was to her living room.
- Partnership for a Connected Illinois Hosts Second Telehealth Law Forum
- Jun 13, 2016
- The Partnership for a Connected Illinois has wrapped up the second of a three-part series of Telehealth Law Forums.
- SIU plans major expansion of telehealth services
- Dean Olsen, SJ-R, Jun 6, 2016
- From his family’s dining room table in Lincoln — through his parents’ webcam-enabled laptop on a home WiFi network — 5-year-old David Heady worked to expand his vocabulary and improve his pronunciation Monday with the help of a therapist sitting in her office in Springfield.
- ATA16: Reduced heart failure readmissions stemmed from telehealth network participation, providers say
- Dan Bowman, May 18, 2016
- The reduction of readmission rates for heart failure patients is just one of the benefits touted by health system representatives of the Illinois Telehealth Network (ITN) on Tuesday at the American Telemedicine Association's annual conference in Minneapolis.
- Live Video Is Most Prominent Reimbursed Form Of Telehealth
- Christine Kern, Apr 26, 2016
The most predominant reimbursed form of telehealth is live video. The District of Columbia and 47 states provided reimbursement for live video in Medicaid fee-for-service last year. Nine states reimburse for store and forward telemedicine, and sixteen states offer reimbursement for remote patient monitoring (RPM), remaining static from last year. Only five state Medicaid programs (Alaska, Illinois, Minnesota, Mississippi, and Washington) reimburse for all three telehealth services (live feed, store and forward, and RPM), an increase of one state since July 2015.
- Benton Honored Posthumously
- Apr 24, 2016
- PCI Chairman Emeritus Charles Benton was honored posthumously at the inaugural Illinois Telehealth Initiative Telehealth Law Forum.
- Pinckneyville hospital offers telemedicine services for stroke patients
- The Southern, Apr 17, 2016
- Pinckneyville Community Hospital is partnering with the Southern Illinois Telemedicine Initiative to offer state-of-the-art telemedicine technology that puts patients in touch with immediate time-saving, life-saving stroke evaluation and treatment.
- Could Insurers Use Telemedicine to Widen Provider Networks?
- Ken Terry, Apr 11, 2016
- Many states are tightening their network adequacy standards, and telemedicine might help insurance companies meet those standards, especially in rural and underserved areas, notes a new report sponsored by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Telehealth helps enhance care for patients in McHenry County
- CAITLIN SWIECA, Mar 20, 2016
- According to the Illinois Telehealth Initiative, an initiative of Partnership for Connected Illinois, there is a projected shortage of 130,000 physicians by 2025, meaning it will be more important to connect patients with doctors across distance.
- Illinois Telemedicine Rules: Licensing, Practice, Payment
- Feb 25, 2016
- National Law Review
- Tackling Sepsis With Telemedicine
- Eric Wickland, Dec 3, 2015
Backed by an AHRQ grant, an Illinois health system is building a platform to help rural doctors identify and treat sepsis, dubbed the top preventable cause of deaths in hospitals
- On National Rural Health Day, USDA Announces $23.4 Million in Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grants for 75 Projects in 31 States
- Nov 19, 2015
- Springfield, Illinois based St. John's Hospital chosen to receive funds to provide teleconferencing equipment to three rural hospitals.
- AMA Again Delays Ruling on Telemedicine Ethics
- Eric Wicklund, Nov 18, 2015
The decision leaves state medical boards and providers in limbo, while delegates debate the definition of a valid doctor-patient encounter.
- An “All of the Above” Approach to Rural Broadband
- Rep. John Shimkus, Nov 18, 2015
- Illinois Representative John Shimkus writes in support of broadband and telemedicine in rural Ilinois communities.
- CMS Finalizes Medicare Payment Model With Telehealth Implications
- Nov 17, 2015
- The Growing Trend of Telemedicine
- Jessica Marabella, Nov 17, 2015
- Walgreens Announces New Digital Health Initiatives; Expands Access to Enhanced MDLIVE Live Doctor Consultation Offering to 20 Additional States
- Nov 10, 2015
Walgreens Connect app powered by Qualcomm Life enables Balance® Rewards members to automatically earn points when using Well at Walgreens Bluetooth blood glucose and blood pressure devices
Company discusses new programs and overall telehealth strategy at mHealth Summit
- PCI Announces Refined Direction
- Lacey Buss, Nov 8, 2015
- PCI to focus on Illinois Telehealth Initiative
- 1871 BECOMES FIRST INCUBATOR IN THE WORLD TO OFFER HEALTHCARE EXCHANGE FOR ITS MEMBERS AND COMMUNITY
- Nov 6, 2015
1871 Works with Wolf Point Advisors to Develop Unique Solution; Members Able To Sign Up For Coverage Beginning November 15; Alumni Companies Will Be Eligible; Major Step Forward in Advancing the Interests of Startups in Chicago
- Frontier Communications Offers Small Business Customers a “Price for Life”
- Nov 4, 2015
Budget certainty is critical for small business owners and operators
1–25 of 575 items | Next »