- Broadband Illinois invites bids on providing up to 3,500 refurbished personal computers
- Aug 21, 2012
Broadband Illinois invites you to bid on providing up to 3,500 refurbished personal computer desktops and accessories.
- Quinn, Preckwinkle announce $16 million broadband infrastructure investment in south Chicago suburbs
- Oct 31, 2011
- Gov. Quinn and Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle announced on Friday a state and county committment to invest $16 million in south Chicago suburbs high-speed Internet connections.
- PCI Submits Data to Update National Broadband Map
- Clayton Black, Sep 30, 2011
The Partnership for a Connected Illinois (PCI) today made its fourth semi-annual submission of broadband coverage and community anchor institution data to the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA).
- Push to bring faster broadband to college towns; PCI chairman Charles Benton attends
- Sep 27, 2011
Partnership for a Connected Illinois chairman Charles Benton attended a meeting with Google and more than 50 other companies in Chicago on Monday, aimed finding funding for faster broadband for 37 college campuses including University of Chicago and Univeristy of Illinois.
- PCI's Executive Director Drew Clark to speak during NATOA’s Webinar
- Sep 9, 2011
- Partnership for a Connected Illinois's Executive Director, Drew Clark, will speak during NATOA’s Monday, September 12th eNATOA webinar, taking place from 2:00 – 3:00 PM Eastern. The topic of this eNATOA: The End-Game in Broadband Mapping: has NTIA’s state-by-state effort worked, and can we rely on the resulting maps?
- PCI hires two new fall interns
- Tara Holcomb, Sep 2, 2011
Staff from PCI recently attended the Foot in the Door Fair at the University of Illinois at Springfield. We are pleased to welcome our two new fall interns, Shannon McFarland and Shelva Stinson.
- PCI Releases 'Broadband Access in Illinois' Baseline Study of Supply
- Aug 15, 2011
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, August 15, 2011 - The Partnership for a Connected Illinois on Monday released "Broadband Access in Illinois: A Baseline Snapshot," summarizing the state of broadband supply in Illinois.
The report, a product of data and geographic analysis by the PCI Data Team, provides a useful summary of the broadband supply information that has been collected and published on the Broadband Illinois web site since February 2011, and which is currently being updated with new, fresh data.
The report is available at this link.
This statewide baseline inventory for supply of broadband aims to quantify what is currently known about broadband providers within Illinois. It is an important prelude to other efforts by PCI, including PCI's Request for Proposals on Technical Assistance for Broadband Planning and Adoption. (See http://broadbandillinois.org/Use-it/Opportunities.html for further information.)
- ETeams Bring Leaders Together to Improve Jobs, Education, Healthcare and More
- Jun 27, 2011
- Wednesday Webinar Series Continues June 29 at 2 p.m.
- NTIA's State Broadband Initiative and the Illinois Broadband Map
- On Broadband, May 4, 2011
By Drew Clark
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, May 4, 2011 - Later today, at 2 p.m. CT, the Partnership for a Connected Illinois will kick off our "Wednesday Webinar" series, beginning with a discussion about the Illinois Broadband Map. Registration for this event is free.
PCI feels so passionately about the Illinois Broadband Map because data and information should be central to helping promote sound policies, and because evidence suggests that broadband is a key driver of job creation and economic activity.
- Broadband Illinois Launches New Web Site Promoting Tools, Research and Opportunity
- Feb 17, 2011
- SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, February 17, 2011 - Illinois residents can now discover who offers high-speed internet service in their neighborhood with a single mouse click or touch on a smart phone.
They do this by visiting http://broadbandillinois.org, a new site launched Thursday by the Partnership for a Connected Illinois (or Broadband Illinois), a non-profit group based in Springfield.