- An “All of the Above” Approach to Rural Broadband
- Rep. John Shimkus, Nov 18, 2015
- Illinois Representative John Shimkus writes in support of broadband and telemedicine in rural Ilinois communities.
- High Tech Coming to Highland
- Lisa Peck, Dec 15, 2014
- Squarefruit Labs, maker of next generation 3-D printers, wins
$15,000 Highland Gigabit Challenge
- Frontier Communications Completes Network Improvement Bringing more network reliability and faster speeds to Monmouth Area
- Oct 23, 2014
- Monmouth IL sees improved speeds and reliability as Frontier completes infrastructure network
- Frontier Communications Completes Network Improvement Bringing more network reliability and faster speeds to Carthage Area
- Oct 23, 2014
- Carthage IL sees improved speeds and reliability as Frontier completes infrastructure network
- List of Illinois Gigabit Challenge Applicants Published
- Roxana Ryan, Aug 8, 2012
SPRINGFIELD – August 8, 2012. More than 40 communities are in the running for seed funding to build ultra high-speed broadband networks, according to a list of applicants published by the Illinois Gigabit Challenge Team.
- Partnership for a Connected Illinois Announces Partnership with Strategic Networks Group
- Jan 5, 2012
Partnership for a Connected Illinois Announces Partnership with Strategic Networks Group to Drive Meaningful Broadband Use, Innovation, and Economic Development
SNG and the Illinois Institute of Rural Affairs Engaged to help Maximize Broadband’s Potential
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, January 4, 2012 – The Partnership for a Connected Illinois , also known through its Broadband Illinois website, today announced further efforts to utilize broadband for driving better learning tools for school children, growing the State’s job base, driving innovation and increasing economic prosperity, and improving health care.
- Fiber optic project makes headway in Stephenson County
- Nov 21, 2011
$69M initiative will provide high-speed Internet access to under-served areas
- Comcast offers low-cost Internet to low-income Illinois families
- Judy Masterson, Oct 26, 2011
- In an effort to bridge the digital divide, Comcast is offering discounted Internet service, affordable computers and training on how to use them to qualifying low-income families in school districts across the country.
- CenturyLink offers Internet classes for low-income
- The Register-Mail, Oct 23, 2011
- CenturyLink Inc. is introducing CenturyLink Internet Basics to improve and promote broadband adoption and use by low-income consumers in Galesburg.
- Illinois among states getting broadband funding
- Aug 23, 2011
Telecommunications companies in 16 states will be sharing more than $103 million in federal funding to help expand broadband Internet access to rural America. Illinois is a big winner with a $22 million award to Wabash Telephone Cooperative to install 777 miles of fiber-optic cable. That will affect about 2,400 of its customers.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the grants and loans through its rural development office on Monday.
- Construction firm hired for broadband project
- Jul 11, 2011
Freeport, Ill. - PirTano Construction Company, based in Addison, has been hired as the first contractor for the $69 million project to establish a new broadband network in this region.
- ETeams Bring Leaders Together to Improve Jobs, Education, Healthcare and More
- Jun 27, 2011
- Wednesday Webinar Series Continues June 29 at 2 p.m.
- Video clip of President Glenn Poshard speaking at the Broadband Summit available
- Tara Davlin Holcomb, Jun 24, 2011
- SIU President Glenn Poshard speaks on the accomplishments of improving high-speed Internet access in Southern Illinois, during a regional summit Thursday at SIU Carbondale.
- Bringing Millions of Dollars for Broadband to Southern Illinois
- Tara Davlin Holcomb, Jun 24, 2011
With nearly $250 Million in Federal and State funds going toward building high-speed broadband networks across Illinois, we hear a panel discuss how this could change the way we operate our schools, our businesses, and our government services at the Broadband Summit in Southern Illinois on June 2nd, 2011.
Uploaded by IllinoisChannelTV on Jun 21, 2011
- PCI’s Eden to discuss local importance of eTeams in broadband development
- Bob Flider, Jun 13, 2011
- U of I Extension's 13th Annual Meeting on June 15
- Building the Gigabit State in Southern Illinois
- On Broadband, Jun 2, 2011
By Drew Clark
CARBONDALE, Illinois, June 2, 2011 – Boiled down to its bare essentials, a major research university like Southern Illinois University here needs three things to prosper: good students, great faculty, and world-class internet bandwidth.
The only major research university in the southern half of Illinois, SIU has the first two out of three. But according to John Koropchak, a professor of chemistry and Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Dean at the university, the availability of bandwidth for SIU maxes out at 380 Megabits per second (Mbps).
Guidelines by the National Science Foundation call for bandwidth availability to be 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps) to 2.5 Gbps. That’s up to seven times the bandwidth currently available.
- Wednesday Webinar Series Continues June 1
- May 29, 2011
The Partnership for a Connected Illinois will host its next Wednesday Webinar on June 1 at 2 p.m. CST, on the subject of "Community Anchor Institution and Broadband Access."
- National Experts to Convene at Broadband Summit in Carbondale on June 2
- May 20, 2011
- Local, state and national leaders will convene at the Illinois Broadband Summit on Thursday, June 2 at the Southern Illinois University Student Center in Carbondale. The public can attend in person, at remote participation sites in Springfield and Chicago, or by watching live internet streaming.
- Webinar Slides Available for Download
- May 19, 2011
- Slides from the Partnership for a Connected Illinois' Wednesday Webinar events are now available online for download.
- Wednesday Webinar Series Continues May 18
- May 5, 2011
The Partnership for a Connected Illinois will host its next Wednesday Webinar on May 18 at 2 p.m. CST. All who are interested in the advancement of broadband in Illinois are invited to participate on the subject of "Developing Statewide Baseline Data for Research."
- Broadband Illinois to Stream eChicago Events Live
- Apr 19, 2011
The Partnership for a Connected Illinois will sponsor the live internet streaming and archival recording of the eChicago events in Chicago this week. The stream can be viewed at http://www.digibridge.net/echicago/.
- Executive Director Drew Clark Testifies Before House Telecommunications Committee
- Apr 7, 2011
Committee Convenes to hear testimony concerning public investment in broadband infrastructure in Illinois.