The goal of the Southeast Central Regional eTeam is to increase broadand access and useful adoption. It was established based upon the strong initiative displayed by the East Central Illinois Development Corporation (ECIDC) in the area of broadband, which includes the involvement of Lake Land College.
The Southeast Central Regional eTeam will develop a regional broadband action plan for networking partners, gathering data, and utilizing resources to address the area's unmet needs for broadband services and create a regional infrastructure design.
We will initially focus on the following objectives in order to develop a regional plan and meet the following goals:
- Determine DEMAND/NEEDS within each county and use the data to address the needs.
- Determine SUPPLY within each county and use the data to address needs.
- Network with collaborate partners with similar objectives.
- Promote and educate beneficial uses of broadband.
- Review local, state, and federal planning and policies, and act when appropriate.
- Develop written Broadband Plan.
Southeast Central Regional eTeam Executive Committee Members
- Barbara Webster, Broadband Illinois/PCI Regional Coordinator
- Doug Abolt, Consolidated Communications
- Penny Arthur, Moultrie County Counseling
- Bob Berty, Crawford County Development Association and SAIL Group
- Connie Calvert, Crawford County Development Association
- Pam Crisman, Crisman and Associates
- Travis Farley, Jasper County Economic Development Coop
- Brett Gilsinger, Frontier Communications
- Jean Anne Grunlough, East Central Illinois Development Corporation
- Jonathon D. Hallberg, S. Central Illinois Regional Planning & Development Commission
- Darin Hostetter, Marshall School District
- Ken Larimore, University of Illinois Extension
- Andrea Lester, Broadband Illinois/PCI
- Tiffany Macke, University of Illinois Extension
- Brenda Matherly, Illinois Farm Bureau
- Johnna Morecraft, Lakeland College Community and Professional Programs
- Brian Murphy, Sarah Bush Lincoln Hospital
- Mike Rudibaugh, Lake Land College
- Lee Spaniol, Lake Land College
- Mike Sullivan, Illinois Small Business Development Center
- Terry Sullivan, Shiloh CUSD#1
- Ed VanHoose, Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives
- Chris Watkins, Illinois Century Network
- Marlene Wirth, Lakeland College Connecting Generations Program
- Colleen Wright, Cellular One
Additional Email Group Members: John McDonald of Kaizennet, Jonathon
Hallberg of South Central Illinois Regional Plan Commission, Kevin McAdams
of Mediacom, Kelly Lockhart of Coles County Regional Planning, Kevin
McReynolds of Coles County Regional Planning, Brian Lynch of Lakeland
College, Joanna Knoepfel of Paris Hospital, Tim Richards of Crawford
Memorial Hospital, Doug Sigrist of Ruralcomm, Jeff Voigt of Paris County
Board, Matt Johnson of ITA, David Mollet of ICN, Robin Woodsome of ICN,
Steven Warren of Ameren
If you wish to join the team meetings or email group, please send an email
to email@example.com . We meet about 4 to 6 times a
year, usually at Lakeland College in Mattoon.