News from past year
« Previous | 51–75 of 76 items | Next »
- Illinois County Magazine Features Broadband Illinois
- Apr 8, 2014
- Volume One, Issue One of the new "Illinois County" Magazine published by the Illinois Association of County Board Members and Commissioners features Broadband Illinois...
- Chicago Gigabit Challenge Takes Big Step Forward
- Nathan Woodside, Feb 13, 2014
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Monday announced that his office has issued a request for qualifications from potential vendors in a plan to bring affordable gigabit-speed service to seven designated “innovation zones” around the city.
- Event Marks Completion of iFiber Broadband Project
- Roxana Ryan, Feb 6, 2014
Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014, at 3 p.m.
Rock Valley College Atrium
in the Student Center, 301 N. Mulford Rd, Rockford.
Dr. John L. Lewis, Board Chairman of the Illinois Fiber Resources Group (iFiber), and others associated with the project will give brief remarks.
- PCI Releases 2013 Annual Report
- Nathan Woodside, Jan 31, 2014
- It was another active and productive year for Partnership for a Connected Illinois (PCI) in 2013, as efforts to expand high-speed Internet access, fuel economic development and bridge the digital divide continued throughout Illinois.
- West Central eTeam Meeting, Tech Summit, Highlight Advancement in Region
- Clayton Black, Jan 31, 2014
- The third annual Western Illinois Technology Summit last Thursday in Carthage served as an opportunity for the Partnership for a Connected Illinois (PCI) West Central eTeam to reflect on successes and look ahead to future and current opportunities.
- Western Illinois Technology Summit Scheduled for Jan. 23
- Nathan Woodside, Jan 16, 2014
- Western Illinois Technology Services Inc. will host a third annual technology summit on Thursday, Jan. 23, at Sullivan & Son Auction, just south of Carthage on Highway 336.
- Frontier to Receive $1.6 Million in Funding for Illinois From FCC Connect America Fund
- Dana Berkes, public relations manager, Dec 16, 2013
- BLOOMINGTON, Ill., Dec. 13, 2013 – Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) announced today that $1.6 million will be available from the Federal Communication Commission’s Connect America Fund (CAF) to continue the build-out of its broadband network in Illinois.
- Monticello Issues RFP for Fiber Network Operator
- Roxana Ryan, Dec 16, 2013
An intergovernmental consortium which includes Piatt County, the City of Monticello, the Monticello CUSD #25, and the Allerton Library owns a fiber-optic backbone structure that provides high speed connectivity to the four government entities.
- East Central Illinois Broadband Summit Held in Mattoon
- Nathan Woodside, Dec 10, 2013
- More than 60 broadband internet providers, stakeholders and economic development officials convened in Mattoon on Thursday for the 4th annual East Central Illinois Broadband Summit.
- Provider Spotlight: Network Business Systems, Inc
- Roxana Ryan, Dec 4, 2013
- 1. Tell us about your business. What inspired you to start your business? How is your business successful? What makes it unique? ----NBS is a full service WISP, starting in business as a software designer and consultant in 1991. We started the WISP in 1999 due to the lack of high speed internet in our rural area, and since have acquired either completely or partially 7 smaller WISPS and one webhosting company. We employ 9 full time employees, have a network of 80 water towers, grain legs, private and commercial towers covering 18 counties. We serve over 1600 residential and commercial users, including several public schools.
- Provider Spotlight: Mediacom
- Roxana Ryan, Dec 3, 2013
- For over 15 years, Mediacom, the nation’s 7th largest cable provider has built a successful track record as the local provider of choice for consumers seeking the fastest Internet service, value-added phone service and cable TV with the most free HD channels.
- Lifeline Partner Spotlight: Citizen's Utility Board
- Roxana Ryan, Nov 19, 2013
- The Citizens Utility Board, or CUB, is Illinois’ premier consumer advocate for the Land of Lincoln’s telecom, natural gas, and electricity customers. CUB, an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit group, was created by the Illinois Legislature to advocate for consumers and offer them free services across Illinois—from Chicago to Cairo.
- Halstead, Staff Address Illinois Delegates at BBC Breakfast
- Nathan Woodside, Nov 8, 2013
- The Partnership for a Connected Illinois (PCI) convened nearly 100 of the state’s top stakeholders, government officials and providers for breakfast amid the Broadband Communities economic development conference in Tinley Park on Wednesday.
- Illinois-based Highlights, Initiatives at Next Week's Broadband Communities Economic Development Conference
- Roxana Ryan, Nov 1, 2013
- SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, Nov. 1, 2013 -- Illinois will be well-represented at the Broadband Communities Regional Economic Development conference series next week in Tinley Park. See below for Illinois-specific program highlights!
- Halstead Named Executive Director of Partnership for a Connected Illinois
- Nathan Woodside, Oct 31, 2013
- Partnership for a Connected Illinois (PCI) announced this week that Phillip Halstead has been named the organization’s executive director.
- Annual Regional Broadband Summit in East Central Illinois Set
- Oct 18, 2013
- New developments that may benefit your community, business, school or organization, will be highlighted at the 4th Annual East Central Illinois Broadband Summit. The event will be Thursday, Dec. 5, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Education Center of Sarah Bush Lincoln Health System, Mattoon.
- State of Illinois, Manufacturers and Educators Join Forces to Help Veterans Get Skills for Careers in Advanced Manufacturing
- Business Wire, Oct 18, 2013
- GE, the State of Illinois, The Manufacturing Institute, Illinois Manufacturers' Association and Harper College today announced Illinois as the first state to join the Get Skills to Work (GSTW) coalition. The coalition brings together employers, industry leaders, educators and the public sector to help veterans get the skills they need for careers in advanced manufacturing.
- Frontier Increases Speeds For Customers in Northern, Central Illinois towns
- Oct 16, 2013
- Frontier Communications has increased internet speeds available to hundreds of additional residences and businesses in the communities of Machesney Park, Roscoe and Winnebago.
- Pavlov Media to Offer 10gbps Connection at Champaign Apartments
- Press Release, Oct 16, 2013
- CHAMPAIGN, IL— JSM, the leading student apartment and property development company in Champaign, announces it will feature an astonishing 10 gigabit (Gbps) internet connection, equivalent to 10,000 megabits-per-second (Mbps), at their Green Street Towers property, a luxury seven-story student apartment complex serving students attending the University of Illinois. This internet service will make Green Street Towers the fastest student apartment complex in the country.
- Webinar: The Chicago Southland Story and other Illinois Fiber Projects
- Oct 15, 2013
- The Chicago Southland Story and other Illinois Fiber Projects were the focus of discussion at a webinar hosted by Broadband Illinois and Broadband Communities Magazine on Wednesday.
- Provider Spotlight: Metro Communications Company
- Roxana Ryan, Oct 8, 2013
Zachary Horn, President of Metro Communications Company, is working to expand their network throughout East Central Illinois and shared information on some of the company’s innovative updates and expansions in the following interview.
- Technology Innovation Summit 2013 to host thought leaders in information technology at annual event
- Oct 7, 2013
- (CHICAGO) - - One of the highlights of National Women’s Small Business Month is Technology Innovation Summit 2013 (TIS-2013) “Sustaining Main Street Through Innovation” set for this Thursday at the Aon Center (Second Floor), 200 E. Randolph, 8 a.m. - noon. The event is being organized in collaboration with experts in the fields of technology, innovation, leadership and community development. Speakers for the Summit are some of the most recognized thought leaders in the field of information technology.Additionally, former Chicago Bull Bill Cartwright, chairman of Park Ridge-based background investigation company Cartwright Downes Inc., will be a part of this year’s event.
- Laura Lane Named Chicagoland eTeam Leader
- Oct 2, 2013
- Partnership for a Connected Illinois leaders have named Laura Lane, a well-known personality in Chicagoland’s technology community, the organization’s new eTeam leader for that area.
- Upcoming Webinar to Spotlight Chicago Southland Network and Other Illinois Fiber Projects
- Roxana Ryan, Oct 2, 2013
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, Oct. 2, 2013 -- Successful broadband fiber-optic initiatives in Illinois, including the Chicago Southland Project, will be topics of discussion at a pre-conference webinar hosted by Broadband Illinois and Broadband Communities Magazine on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1 p.m
- Champaign Parents "DeMystify the Computer" in Digital Literacy Workshop
- Roxana Ryan, Sep 27, 2013
- CHAMPAIGN, Illinois, Sept. 27, 2013 -- Parents and guardians of elementary students in Champaign are “Demystifying the Computer” in a free digital literacy workshop this week.
« Previous | 51–75 of 76 items | Next »