News from past year
« Previous | 51–60 of 60 items
- Upcoming Webinar to Spotlight Chicago Southland Network and Other Illinois Fiber Projects
- Roxana Ryan, Oct 2, 2013
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, Oct. 2, 2013 -- Successful broadband fiber-optic initiatives in Illinois, including the Chicago Southland Project, will be topics of discussion at a pre-conference webinar hosted by Broadband Illinois and Broadband Communities Magazine on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1 p.m
- Champaign Parents "DeMystify the Computer" in Digital Literacy Workshop
- Roxana Ryan, Sep 27, 2013
- CHAMPAIGN, Illinois, Sept. 27, 2013 -- Parents and guardians of elementary students in Champaign are “Demystifying the Computer” in a free digital literacy workshop this week.
- Pavlov Media Expands Chicago Colocation Facility to 10 Gigabit Capability
- Sep 27, 2013
Champaign, IL - Pavlov Media announces the company’s Chicago Colocation facility is now fully 10Gigabit capable. The expansion from one Gigabit to 10 Gigabit capability means the company is able to offer Gigabit (1,000)Mbps and higher speeds across a broader range of the nation.
- East Central Illinois Website Offers Trove of Local Events, Maps
- Nathan Woodside, Sep 19, 2013
A website in east central Illinois is creating buzz about local public events and entertainment.
- Webinar: Highlighting Successful Midwestern Broadband Fiber Projects
- Sep 19, 2013
- Successful fiber initiatives in the midwest and specifically Illinois will be topics of discussion at two webinars hosted by Broadband Illinois and Broadband Communities Magazine. This is the first of the two.
- Mayor Emanuel, Comcast Announce Chicago's Internet Essentials Enrollment
- Sep 17, 2013
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Comcast Executive Vice President David L. Cohen and United Way of Metropolitan Chicago President and CEO Wendy DuBoe, along with civic and community leaders, today kicked off the third year of the Comcast Internet Essentials program. Through this program, the number of low-income Chicago families who now have broadband connection at home doubled to 14,000 as part of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive broadband adoption initiative for low-income families. The partnership also established “Internet Essentials Learning Zones,” which brings community based organizations together to eliminate the digital divide.
- Broadband Communities Conference Agenda, Speakers, Webinar Details Released
- Roxana Ryan, Sep 12, 2013
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, Sept. 12, 2013 -- Successful fiber initiatives in the midwest and specifically Illinois will be topics of discussion at two upcoming webinars hosted by Broadband Illinois and Broadband Communities Magazine.
- SeniorLink in Belleville Offers Computer Classes
- Nathan Woodside, Sep 4, 2013
- Seniors in Belleville have a place to go to learn just about anything they need to know when it comes to computers and the internet.
- Upcoming Webinars To Feature Midwest and Illinois Fiber Projects
- Roxana Ryan, Sep 4, 2013
- SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, Sept. 4, 2013 -- Broadband enthusiasts are invited to save the date and register for two upcoming webinars on Midwest and Illinois fiber projects, hosted by Broadband Illinois and Broadband Communities Magazine.
- Gov. Quinn Awards $1.5 Million to Carbondale Area as Part of Gigabit Communities Challenge
- Nathan Woodside, Aug 26, 2013
- Gov. Pat Quinn announced on Friday that the Carbondale area will receive a $1.5 million boost to build an ultra high-speed broadband infrastructure.
« Previous | 51–60 of 60 items