News from past year
« Previous | 26–50 of 229 items | Next »
- What Two Runaway Llamas Taught Us About Net Neutrality
- Dylan Tweney, Venture Beat, Feb 26, 2015
- For about two hours today, all the Internet wanted to talk about was the FCC's historic net neutrality decision. (They're in favor of it.) Then, suddenly, all work stopped as the digerati focused their collective attention on two runaway llamas scampering around Phoenix.
- How Might 'Robot Journalists' Affect Government?
- JOHN SEPULVADO, Government Technology, Feb 25, 2015
The public sector may find that this software – that takes massive amounts data and crafts it into a narrative – helps get projects done quicker and at cheaper costs.
- Internet of Things Expected to Quadruple in Size by 2020
- Justine Brown, Government Technology, Feb 25, 2015
Cities will be major beneficiaries from growth in the IoT market, according to a report released by Verizon.
- High-speed Internet offerings influence Groupon to hire in KC
- Leslie Collins, Kansas City Business Journal, Feb 24, 2015
- Groupon is looking to the Kansas City market to boost its workforce, and one of the key factors was the city's abundance of high-speed Internet options.
- Illinois Telehealth Initiative Launched to Improve Adoption
- Ryan Mcaskill, mHealth Intelligence, Feb 24, 2015
Several hospitals and technology companies have come together to start the Illinois Telehealth Initiative.
- Illinois Telehealth Initiative looks to improve, expand virtual care
- Meg Graham, Blue Sky, Chicago Tribune, Feb 24, 2015
- How Partnership for a Connected Illinois is trying to take telehealth statewide
- 14 Illinois Locations Register to Compete for America's Best Communities’ Title
- Andrea Fast, Frontier Communications, Feb 23, 2015
- Deadline for applications March 25, 2015
- The Illinois Telehealth Initiative Launches to Aid the Country's Projected Physician Shortage
- Will Flanagan, Chicago Inno, Feb 23, 2015
- Illinois Telehealth Initiative launches, strives to bring telehealth to all residents of Illinois.
- HSHS Medical Group to Launch Virtual Care Program for Internet-savvy patients
- Dean Olsen, Illinois State Journal Register, Feb 22, 2015
- Virtual doctors appointments to be offered by Memorial Medical Center in April
- Is Social Media the Key to Effective Communication During Campus Emergencies?
- Justine Brown, Government Technology, Feb 20, 2015
Study finds that social media lets campus authorities instantly reach a large percentage of students, who are more likely to comply with emergency notifications received in that manner.
- Online Jury Reporting Increases Participation, Saves Citizens Time and Angst
- Colin Wood, Government Technology, Feb 18, 2015
Lubbock County, Texas, is one of many counties in the state that allows citizens to report for jury duty without heading down to the courthouse.
- FCC’S NEW BROADBAND DEFINITION BRINGS FASTER SPEEDS TO iTV-3 CUSTOMERS
- Feb 17, 2015
Local provider iTV-3 announces speed increase at no charge to existing customers
- Jacksonville, Ill., Seeks Enhanced Fiber Connectivity
- Brian Heaton, Government Technology, Feb 17, 2015
The southwestern Illinois town is forming a committee to look at ways to expand broadband in the region.
- Baltimore’s Mobile Bill Pay Serves Millennials, Underserved Populations
- JESSICA RENEE NAPIER, Feb 13, 2015
The service, which took six months to develop, was on the municipality’s wish list for three years.
- ILLINOIS GOVERNOR BRUCE RAUNER ANNOUNCES FORMATION OF NEW INNOVATION COUNCIL DURING VISIT TO 1871
- Feb 13, 2015
- Governor Appoints Laura Frerichs and Mark Glennon to Lead New Council Designed to Develop Innovation Clusters, Attract Resources, Develop and Retain Talent, and Foster Collaboration Through the Illinois Technology Community
- 2015 State of the State Addresses: Is Technology on the Agenda?
- BY STEVE TOWNS, NOELLE KNELL, ELAINE PITTMAN, JESSICA MULHOLLAND, Government Technology, Feb 9, 2015
- To find technology in this year’s speeches, you often need to read between the lines.
- Netflix and ‘House of Cards’ could be the best thing ever to happen to Cuba’s Internet
- Brian Fung, The Washington Post, Feb 9, 2015
- You may have heard: Netflix is coming to Cuba.
- Lessons From Google’s First Rollout Of Google Fiber
- DANIELA VELÁZQUEZ, Feb 6, 2015
In Kansas City startups are growing, cable companies are catching up, but the digital divide is as wide as ever.
- Report: Distance Education Is Here to Stay
- Colin Wood, Feb 5, 2015
A new survey shows that while not all higher education faculty like distance learning, it has become entrenched and is part of education throughout the nation.
- FCC Chairman Backs Strong Net Neutrality Rules
- BRIAN HEATON, Feb 4, 2015
Tom Wheeler opts for strict regulation of Internet service providers to maintain an open Internet.
- Businesses: Are you successful because of broadband?
- Dustin Duncan, Southern Business Journal, Feb 3, 2015
- AT&T and Connect SI announced an awards program to recognize small businesses in Southern Illinois using broadband as part of its success
- Super Bowl ad Promotes Need for Broadband
- Heidi Bruce, Broadband Illinois, Feb 2, 2015
Estella's Brilliant Bus brings technology to children in need
- Vying for Funding, Rural Counties Often Lose to Big Cities
- MARY ELLEN MCINTIRE, Feb 2, 2015
But a new contest, where the competition is limited to rural areas, offers a chance for smaller municipalities to realize their economic development plans.
- A New Year’s Resolution: Using Broadband to Get Healthy and Stay Well
- Dr. Chris Gibbons, FCC Distinguished Scholar in Residence, Connect2HealthFCC Task Force, Jan 30, 2015
- It’s that time of year again . . . resolution time. You often hear that people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits. From eating better to being more active, we all tend to see the New Year as a way to make a fresh (and healthy) start.
- FCC Redefines Broadband as 25 Mb Per Second or Higher
- KURTIS LEE, LOS ANGELES TIMES, Jan 30, 2015
The new definition of broadband does not require Internet service providers to make any changes to the services they provide.
« Previous | 26–50 of 229 items | Next »