News from past year
« Previous | 26–43 of 43 items
- Laura Lane Named Chicagoland eTeam Leader
- Oct 2, 2013
- Partnership for a Connected Illinois leaders have named Laura Lane, a well-known personality in Chicagoland’s technology community, the organization’s new eTeam leader for that area.
- Upcoming Webinar to Spotlight Chicago Southland Network and Other Illinois Fiber Projects
- Roxana Ryan, Oct 2, 2013
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, Oct. 2, 2013 -- Successful broadband fiber-optic initiatives in Illinois, including the Chicago Southland Project, will be topics of discussion at a pre-conference webinar hosted by Broadband Illinois and Broadband Communities Magazine on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1 p.m
- Champaign Parents "DeMystify the Computer" in Digital Literacy Workshop
- Roxana Ryan, Sep 27, 2013
- CHAMPAIGN, Illinois, Sept. 27, 2013 -- Parents and guardians of elementary students in Champaign are “Demystifying the Computer” in a free digital literacy workshop this week.
- Pavlov Media Expands Chicago Colocation Facility to 10 Gigabit Capability
- Sep 27, 2013
Champaign, IL - Pavlov Media announces the company’s Chicago Colocation facility is now fully 10Gigabit capable. The expansion from one Gigabit to 10 Gigabit capability means the company is able to offer Gigabit (1,000)Mbps and higher speeds across a broader range of the nation.
- East Central Illinois Website Offers Trove of Local Events, Maps
- Nathan Woodside, Sep 19, 2013
A website in east central Illinois is creating buzz about local public events and entertainment.
- Webinar: Highlighting Successful Midwestern Broadband Fiber Projects
- Sep 19, 2013
- Successful fiber initiatives in the midwest and specifically Illinois will be topics of discussion at two webinars hosted by Broadband Illinois and Broadband Communities Magazine. This is the first of the two.
- Mayor Emanuel, Comcast Announce Chicago's Internet Essentials Enrollment
- Sep 17, 2013
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Comcast Executive Vice President David L. Cohen and United Way of Metropolitan Chicago President and CEO Wendy DuBoe, along with civic and community leaders, today kicked off the third year of the Comcast Internet Essentials program. Through this program, the number of low-income Chicago families who now have broadband connection at home doubled to 14,000 as part of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive broadband adoption initiative for low-income families. The partnership also established “Internet Essentials Learning Zones,” which brings community based organizations together to eliminate the digital divide.
- Broadband Communities Conference Agenda, Speakers, Webinar Details Released
- Roxana Ryan, Sep 12, 2013
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, Sept. 12, 2013 -- Successful fiber initiatives in the midwest and specifically Illinois will be topics of discussion at two upcoming webinars hosted by Broadband Illinois and Broadband Communities Magazine.
- SeniorLink in Belleville Offers Computer Classes
- Nathan Woodside, Sep 4, 2013
- Seniors in Belleville have a place to go to learn just about anything they need to know when it comes to computers and the internet.
- Upcoming Webinars To Feature Midwest and Illinois Fiber Projects
- Roxana Ryan, Sep 4, 2013
- SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, Sept. 4, 2013 -- Broadband enthusiasts are invited to save the date and register for two upcoming webinars on Midwest and Illinois fiber projects, hosted by Broadband Illinois and Broadband Communities Magazine.
- Gov. Quinn Awards $1.5 Million to Carbondale Area as Part of Gigabit Communities Challenge
- Nathan Woodside, Aug 26, 2013
- Gov. Pat Quinn announced on Friday that the Carbondale area will receive a $1.5 million boost to build an ultra high-speed broadband infrastructure.
- Provider Spotlight: iTV-3 Expanding Fiber to the Home Service in Central Illinois
- Nathan Woodside, Aug 22, 2013
- It’s no secret that the rising popularity in home video streaming has taken a piece of the home entertainment pie from video retail stores. But Family Video, a central Illinois based video rental chain, isn’t fighting the tides of technology – it’s embracing it.
- AT&T Invests Nearly $625 Million in Illinois Wireless and Wireline Networks
- AT&T Press Release, Aug 13, 2013
- In the first half of 2013, AT&T invested nearly $625 million in its wireless and wired networks in Illinois. The investments included deployment of new macro cell sites, small cells and Distributed Antenna Systems across the state as a part of AT&T’s Project Velocity IP, a three-year investment plan announced last fall to expand and enhance its IP broadband networks. The company also expanded and enhanced its 4G LTE** network, which provides ultra-fast mobile Internet speeds, and deployed new Wi-Fi hot spots.
- Macomb Food Co-op Launches Online Marketplace
- Rich Egger, Tri States Public Radio, Aug 8, 2013
The Macomb Food Co-op plans to soon offer locally produced meats, eggs, and produce through an on-line market.
“We will be offering this service in September, hopefully. It takes six to eight weeks to get the whole system up and running,” said Jean Davenport, Macomb Food Co-op Outreach Coordinator and Americorps VISTA Volunteer through the Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs.
- PCI Seeking Candidates for New Executive Director
- Nathan Woodside, Aug 8, 2013
- Partnership for a Connected Illinois (PCI), the state’s broadband initiative, is searching for a new executive director to lead the nonprofit high-speed internet advocacy group into the future.
- UC2B Network Set To Create New Nonprofit Agency, Expand Community Buildout
- Roxana Ryan, Aug 1, 2013
- CHAMPAIGN, Illinois, July 30, 2013 -- Planned changes in the Urbana-Champaign Big Broadband network (UC2B) will allow for expansion to more homes and lessen the potential burden on local taxpayers, according to city and university representatives.
- Thomasboro residents turn out to hear about new broadband offerings
- Rantoul Press, Jul 31, 2013
THOMASBORO — Volo Broadband hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony and public demonstration for its Digital Water fiber broadband services Saturday afternoon at Thomasboro Fire Stations
- USDA Rural Development Offers Information on Statewide Grant Opportunities
- Nathan Wooodside, Jul 30, 2013
- Representatives from USDA Rural Development on Wednesday convened a round-table discussion to spread the word about various broadband and telecommunication grant opportunities.
« Previous | 26–43 of 43 items