- Benton Honored Posthumously
- Apr 24, 2016
- PCI Chairman Emeritus Charles Benton was honored posthumously at the inaugural Illinois Telehealth Initiative Telehealth Law Forum.
- Pinckneyville hospital offers telemedicine services for stroke patients
- The Southern, Apr 17, 2016
- Pinckneyville Community Hospital is partnering with the Southern Illinois Telemedicine Initiative to offer state-of-the-art telemedicine technology that puts patients in touch with immediate time-saving, life-saving stroke evaluation and treatment.
- Could Insurers Use Telemedicine to Widen Provider Networks?
- Ken Terry, Apr 11, 2016
- Many states are tightening their network adequacy standards, and telemedicine might help insurance companies meet those standards, especially in rural and underserved areas, notes a new report sponsored by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Telehealth helps enhance care for patients in McHenry County
- CAITLIN SWIECA, Mar 20, 2016
- According to the Illinois Telehealth Initiative, an initiative of Partnership for Connected Illinois, there is a projected shortage of 130,000 physicians by 2025, meaning it will be more important to connect patients with doctors across distance.
- Illinois Telemedicine Rules: Licensing, Practice, Payment
- Feb 25, 2016
- National Law Review
- Tackling Sepsis With Telemedicine
- Eric Wickland, Dec 3, 2015
Backed by an AHRQ grant, an Illinois health system is building a platform to help rural doctors identify and treat sepsis, dubbed the top preventable cause of deaths in hospitals
- On National Rural Health Day, USDA Announces $23.4 Million in Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grants for 75 Projects in 31 States
- Nov 19, 2015
- Springfield, Illinois based St. John's Hospital chosen to receive funds to provide teleconferencing equipment to three rural hospitals.
- AMA Again Delays Ruling on Telemedicine Ethics
- Eric Wicklund, Nov 18, 2015
The decision leaves state medical boards and providers in limbo, while delegates debate the definition of a valid doctor-patient encounter.
- An “All of the Above” Approach to Rural Broadband
- Rep. John Shimkus, Nov 18, 2015
- Illinois Representative John Shimkus writes in support of broadband and telemedicine in rural Ilinois communities.
- CMS Finalizes Medicare Payment Model With Telehealth Implications
- Nov 17, 2015
- The Growing Trend of Telemedicine
- Jessica Marabella, Nov 17, 2015
- Walgreens Announces New Digital Health Initiatives; Expands Access to Enhanced MDLIVE Live Doctor Consultation Offering to 20 Additional States
- Nov 10, 2015
Walgreens Connect app powered by Qualcomm Life enables Balance® Rewards members to automatically earn points when using Well at Walgreens Bluetooth blood glucose and blood pressure devices
Company discusses new programs and overall telehealth strategy at mHealth Summit
- PCI Announces Refined Direction
- Lacey Buss, Nov 8, 2015
- PCI to focus on Illinois Telehealth Initiative
- 1871 BECOMES FIRST INCUBATOR IN THE WORLD TO OFFER HEALTHCARE EXCHANGE FOR ITS MEMBERS AND COMMUNITY
- Nov 6, 2015
1871 Works with Wolf Point Advisors to Develop Unique Solution; Members Able To Sign Up For Coverage Beginning November 15; Alumni Companies Will Be Eligible; Major Step Forward in Advancing the Interests of Startups in Chicago
- Frontier Communications Offers Small Business Customers a “Price for Life”
- Nov 4, 2015
Budget certainty is critical for small business owners and operators
- 1871 RANKS 1st IN UNITED STATES IN STUDY OF NORTH AMERICAN BUSINESS INCUBATORS
- Nov 3, 2015
- UBI Global Names 1871 One Of The Top University-Affiliated Business Incubators In North America Following Its Survey Of Over 400 Incubators Across 70 Countries
- Pat Quinn, Former Governor of Illinois, to Keynote AnchorNETS Conference
- AnchorNETS Event Team, Oct 29, 2015
Pat Quinn, the former Governor of Illinois, will participate as a Keynote Speaker at the inaugural “AnchorNETS: Broadband Summit for Schools, Health and Libraries” November 16 & 17 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California.
- PCI Founding Chairman Charles Benton Departs This Life
- May 3, 2015
- On April 29, 2015, Benton, 84, died at his home in Evanston from complications from renal cancer.