1–25 of 250 items | Next »
- Newsletter: Study Examines Usage, PrairieSpark E-Hub Launches, and More
- May 6, 2013
- In a multi-faceted survey released earlier this month by Broadband Illinois, Illinois households rated fiber-optic internet connections highest in terms of speed, reliability and value. However, households in rural and isolated areas of Illinois are almost four times as likely to have a dial-up connection.
- NTIA: State Broadband Initiatives Need To Demonstrate Value of Mapping, Planning Efforts
- Roxana Ryan, May 2, 2013
- Demonstrating the importance of broadband planning and mapping at the statewide and local levels is the key priority for the the remaining 18 months of the state broadband initiative program, said Larry Strickling, Assistant Secretary of the National Telecommunication and Information Administration (NTIA).
- Expert Panel to Discuss Healthcare Needs and Challenges at Broadband Telemedicine Summit
- Nathan Woodside, Apr 26, 2013
- The opening panel of the Broadband Telemedicine Summit, set for May 20 in St. Louis, Mo., will feature experts who will discuss healthcare needs and challenges faced in the advancement and adoption of telemedicine.
- Survey of Illinois Households Examines Broadband Usage, Benefits, Barriers
- Roxana Ryan, Apr 22, 2013
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, April 22, 2013 – In a multi-faceted survey released earlier this month by Broadband Illinois, Illinois households rated fiber-optic internet connections highest in terms of speed, reliability and value. However, households in rural and isolated areas of Illinois are almost four times as likely to have a dial-up connection.
- UC2B Director Gant: Libraries Vital to Adoption, Usage in Gigabit Cities
- Nathan Woodside, Apr 19, 2013
- Dr. Jon Gant, Director of the UC2B Broadband Adoption Program at the University of Illinois, called on libraries in gigabit cities to lead the way in public ultra-high speed adoption.
- University of Chicago, Gigabit Squared Partnership Highlighted at Broadband Communities Summit
- Nathan Woodside, Apr 16, 2013
- An initiative to establish a gigabit-speed network in south side Chicago neighborhoods was featured as an Illinois success story in the making Tuesday during the annual Broadband Communities Summit in Dallas, Texas.
- Last Day for Earlybird Registration, Lowery Confirmed as Keynote Speaker, Bluebird is Major Sponsor
- Nathan Woodside, Apr 15, 2013
Organizers of the inaugural Broadband Telemedicine Summit are reminding potential guests that today, Monday, April 15, is the final day to register under the discounted earlybird rate of $50.
- New Report Highlights Broadband Utilization in Illinois Regions, Industry Sectors
- Roxana Ryan, Apr 15, 2013
Regional differences in broadband usage prevail in Illinois commercial businesses and public organizations, and public libraries are filling the gap by providing Wi-Fi access and one-on-one digital literacy trainings, according to a new report released by Broadband Illinois.
- Governor Quinn Proclaims “Innovation Day” in Illinois
- Apr 12, 2013
- Governor Pat Quinn proclaimed today “Innovation Day” in Illinois while hosting an annual innovation forum at the Executive Mansion. Today’s action is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to foster innovation and drive Illinois’ economy forward. Innovation Day brings together the Illinois Science & Technology Coalition (ISTC), the Illinois Innovation Council and members of the General Assembly to discuss the state’s progress in today’s growing innovation marketplace.
- Report: High-Speed Internet Key for Job Creation, Economic Development
- Roxana Ryan, Apr 8, 2013
Illinois businesses view high-speed internet as a source of job creation, an important way to present themselves to the world and as a way to improve internal operations, according to a multi-faceted research report released today by Broadband Illinois.
- April Newsletter: Discounted Earlybird Rates for Broadband Telemedicine Summit, More
- Apr 5, 2013
- Organizers of the inaugural Broadband Telemedicine Summit today announced more affordable categories of pricing tiers and robust additions to the event’s agenda.
- Better Broadband, Better Lifeline Pilot Program Launched This Week
- Apr 3, 2013
- Illinois is the site of a pioneering federal pilot project that will supply qualifying customers of seven rural Illinois phone companies with a refurbished computer for $50 and a year’s worth of high-speed Internet access for as low as $9.95 a month, consumer advocates and telecommunications companies announced Tuesday.
- New Online Tool Attracts Entrepreneurs to SouthEast Central Illinois
- Roxana Ryan, Apr 3, 2013
PrairieSpark Hub website to offer free business resources, maps and youth materials
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, APRIL 3, 2013 -- Entrepreneurs in Central Illinois will soon have access to an online resource with information on how to start, market and find the best location for their business.
- Earlybird Registration Available for Broadband Telemedicine Summit
- Roxana Ryan, Apr 1, 2013
- SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, April 1, 2013 – Organizers of the inaugural Broadband Telemedicine Summit today announced more affordable categories of pricing tiers and robust additions to the event’s agenda.
Participants who register for the summit before April 15 are eligible for an early bird rate of $50. Discounts for students and public interest organizations are also available.
- FCC Workshop Panelists: Public and Private Partnerships Vital to Fiber Initiatives
- Nathan Woodside, Mar 28, 2013
- WASHINGTON, D.C. - March 27, 2013 - The Illinois Gigabit Communities Challenge, along with similar initiatives, was cited as a key to keeping the United States competitive in the global economic market Wednesday during a workshop held by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in Washington, D.C.
- Tech Classes at Six Mile Regional Library District Help Bridge Digital Divide
- Nathan Woodside, Mar 26, 2013
- A new educational program at the Six Mile Regional Library District in Granite City is helping to bridge the digital divide among senior citizens in the area.
- Connect2Compete Launches National Campaign to Increase Digital Literacy
- Mar 22, 2013
- Nonprofit organzation Connect2Compete has announced the launch of a national campaign aimed at increasing digital literacy throughout the nation.
- Carlinville Students Use Technology to Capture Stories of WWII Vets
- Nathan Woodside, Mar 20, 2013
- Students at Carlinville High School are making a personal connection to American history thanks, in part, to an Illinois Broadband Innovation Fund Award.
- Telemedicine Summit to Bring Together Healthcare Leaders from 3 States
- Roxana Ryan, Mar 14, 2013
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, March 13, 2013 – A first-of-its-kind telemedicine event is bringing together healthcare leaders, government officials and broadband enthusiasts from 3 states to discuss how high-speed internet is revolutionizing the medical industry.
- Applying Moore's Law to Broadband and Civic Engagement
- Layton Olson, Mar 12, 2013
What does Moore’s Law (cooperation + competition = faster technology + lower prices) have to do with costs and performance of cities, counties and other public bodies?
- Illinois Broadband Innovation a Hot Topic at Rural Community Economic Development Conference
- Nathan Woodside, Mar 8, 2013
- The subject of broadband innovation carried a noticeable presence this week at the 24th annual Rural Community Economic Development Conference held Wednesday and Thursday in Peoria.
- Better Broadband, Better Lifeline Pilot Program Set to Launch April 1
- Nathan Woodside, Mar 7, 2013
- SPRINGFIELD, Illinois, March 7, 2013 -- A new pilot program, set to launch April 1 will provide up to $1.5 million in discounted internet service and additional funds for digital literacy training, and low-cost desktop computers to low-income households in 35 rural Illinois counties.
- March 2013 Newsletter: "Better Broadband, Better Lifeline" and more
- Roxana Ryan and Nathan Woodside, Mar 7, 2013
- Read about Broadband Illinois upcoming Pilot Project launch and other exciting programs being run in the state of Illinois!
- IBIF Awardee Spotlight: 21st Century Youth Project
- Nathan Woodside, Mar 4, 2013
- For Emile Cambry Jr., founder and CEO of the 21st Century Youth Project, it’s all about creating opportunities for youth growing up in Chicago neighborhoods where college is unlikely and landing a job is tough.
- iFiber participates in regional eTeam planning
- iFiber March Newsletter, Mar 1, 2013
- iFiber is among regional stakeholders that have been meeting regularly since January 2012 as part of the Northwest Illinois eTeam.Coordinated by Broadband Illinois,10 regional eTeams are involved in several primary areas, including convening stakeholders, aggregating demand and identifying supply side solutions. The objective is to assemble a regional network that will result in an organized system for the ongoing development of broadband access and adoption throughout Illinois.
1–25 of 250 items | Next »