Broadband Illinois is now offering the
Better Broadband, Better Lifeline program
through these telephone and internet providers:
- Adams Telephone Co-Operative
- Cass Telephone Company
- Harrisonville Telephone Company
- Madison Telephone Company
- Mid Century Telephone Cooperative
- Shawnee Telephone Company
- Wabash Telephone Cooperative.
To be eligible a possible customer must live in one of the carrier's telephone service areas, not have had internet service in previous 60 days, and receive some form of public government assistance.
Program consists of high speed internet service for as low as $5/month, the opportunity to purchase a refurbished computer for only $50, and select zip codes will have the opportunity to take free training on using the computer and internet.
To sign-up, call 855-GETONWEB or 855-438-6693
For more information read the Press Releases here and here.